So while my life has been one disaster after another, my reading life hasn't followed suit. I've read two great books in a row, and I'm pleased to share my review of the latest, Tiger Lily, with you!
Genre: YA Paranormal Romance
Publisher: Inkspell Publishing
Date of Publication: January 13, 2016
Lily Madison thought dying because of a bad manicure was the worst thing that could happen. She was wrong.
Waking up in the hospital and realizing she's being stalked by an entire herd of naughty little ghosts turns her entire world upside down. She begins to doubt her own sanity until she realizes she isn't alone. A Goth girl, named Zoe, can see the ghosts, too.
Most of the ghosts look like fuzzy blobs, but one is not blobby at all. He's a very hot, very annoying dead guy named Nick. Although they dislike each other on sight, Nick soon realizes Lily is his only hope. With the help of Zoe and Mr. Wan, the manicurist who almost killed her, she has only days to get Nick and the other ghosts back where they belong or the whole world will be in terrible danger.
But sending the ghosts back means saying goodbye to Nick forever, and Lily isn't sure she'll ever be able to let him go.
Review: I received this book from the author in exchange for an honest review
I started reading Tiger Lily when I was having a horrendously bad day. Best decision I could've made. I laughed and was left with the warm fuzzies by the end of the novel.
Top 5 Reasons You Should Read Tiger Lily Right Now
5. The Voice- Love, love, love Lily's voice. It's written in 1st person POV, and the main character's voice is so full of life, animated, and fun.
4. The Characters- Lily, Zoe, Nick, and Josh. LOVE them all. I loved the interactions, the movement past stereotypes to the real people within. The secondary characters were also fun and full of life and characterization.
3. The Plot- Ghosts needing help- appearing as blobby things floating around. So much fun!
2. The Romance- Talk about star-crossed or impossible relationships! Imagine falling for a ghost. I don't normally read books if one of the romantic duo is a ghost, but this was different. I wanted Nick and Lily to be together more than most couples I've read about in recent reads.
1. Everything Put Together- This was a fast-paced, adorable story with snark and attitude. Great plot, great characters, perfect length. Well done!
About the Author
Wende Dikec has spent her life traveling the world, and collecting stories wherever she visited. She writes in several romance genres, and her books are quirky, light, and fun. Fluent in several languages and married to a man from Istanbul, Wende is a trekkie, a book hoarder, master of the Nespresso machine, and mother of three boys. A puppy named Capone is the most recent addition to her family, and she blogs about him as a way of maintaining what little sanity she has left.
Sign up for Wende’s newsletter for a chance to win a $25 Amazon gift card. https://madmimi.com/signups/177092/join