I'm very excited to welcome fellow Clean Reads author Krysten Lindsay Hager to the blog to celebrate her latest release, Landry in Like!
I am always on the lookout for new shows to binge-watch. Thanks, Krysten, for sharing your top ten favorites!
Top 10 Favorite Binge Watch Shows
These are the shows I turn to when I need a break or am in need of fun, escapist television. Some I keep episodes of on my DVR, some I have on DVD, and some I make library trips to pick up.
1) Hart of Dixie: Wade and Zoe forever. I’m so mad we weren’t allowed another season to watch them juggle parenthood.
2) Girl Meets World: I love Cory as the teacher and I don’t know who cast Riley, but she is perfect as his daughter. The Lucas character is how I imagine my character, Nick Jenkins, would look in my book, Next Door to a Star.
3) Mary Tyler Moore: I was interning at a TV station years ago and on the later shift so I’d come home after the 11 o’clock show and Mary Tyler Moore was on Nick at Nite. It mirrored my life at the station, so I’d watch that while I ate my late night dinner. Love Mary, Ted, Rhoda, and that apartment.
4) Austin and Ally: I was flipping through the channels on day and saw the guy who plays Austin and thought, That is exactly how I picture Vladi Yagudin (from my Landry’s True Colors Series) looking. I started watching the show regularly and was so sad to see the final episode.
5) American Dad: I pretty much watch several episodes of this show a week on Cartoon Network and TBS. Roger the alien is my spirit animal and I love when Stan and Roger have a storyline together. I quote Roger a lot. We’re “friendsly.”
6) Daria: I loved Daria when it first came on and freaked out when it went to DVD. I can imitate Sandy from the Fashion Club. It’s my finest talent.
7) Freaks and Geeks: Who took this show off the air? It was perfection. The awkwardness, the cringe-y moments. Perfect.
8) The Simpsons: The writing on this show is amazing. Another great show to quote. You can describe someone as Moe or Ned and everyone knows what you mean.
9) The Goldbergs: They had me at the episode where Adam hurt himself trying to recreate a George Michael episode. The two boys and the dad are so realistic I keep wondering if they know they’re in a TV show.
10) The Royals: This is a new fave. I am obsessed with Elizabeth Hurley’s wardrobe on this show. It reminds me of the late night soaps my parents watched back in the day.
I've been a Simpsons fan since it first premiered on the Tracey Ullman Show! How about you--what are some of your favorite shows to binge-watch?
Landry in Like
Landry's True Colors Book 3
Krysten Lindsay Hager
Series Info: The Landry's True Colors Series is a clean reads young adult humor series about friendship, self-esteem, fitting in, middle school and high school, frenemies, crushes, and self-image.
Blurb: Things seem to be going well in Landry Albright’s world—she’s getting invited to be on local talk shows to talk about her modeling career, her best friends have her back, and her boyfriend Vladi has becoming someone she can truly count on…and then everything changes. Suddenly it seems like most of the girls in school are into hanging out at a new teen dance club, while Landry just wants to spend her weekends playing video games and baking cupcakes at sleepovers. Then, Yasmin McCarty, the most popular girl in school, starts to come between Landry’s friendship with Ashanti. Things take a turn when Yasmin tells Vladi that Landry is interested in another boy. Can Landry get her relationships with Ashanti and Vladi back or will she be left out and left behind?
About the Author
Krysten Lindsay Hager is the author of the Landry’s True Colors Series, a clean reads young adult series and the new Star Series. Krysten writes about friendship, self-esteem, fitting in, middle school and high school, frenemies, modeling, crushes, values, and self-image in True Colors, Best Friends…Forever? And Landry in Like, as well as in, Next Door to a Star (Star Series). Her sequel to Next Door to a Star will be out March 22 2016.
Krysten is a book addict who has never met a bookstore she didn’t like. She’s worked as a journalist and writes YA, MG, humor essays, and adult fiction. She is originally from Michigan and has lived in Portugal, South Dakota, and currently resides in southwestern Ohio where you can find her reading and writing when she’s not catching up on her favorite shows. She received her master’s degree from the University of Michigan-Flint.
Author talk show interview: http://wdtn.com/2014/11/06/true-colors/